Saturday, March 13, 2010

Dark Hunter Series: Book One

Book One-----> Nightly Pleasures by Sherrilyn Kenyon

I sit in my brown chair, eyes glossed over as I squint ever so slightly to watch the television glaring in front of me. It's 10:36 pm, and I am wide awake. Tik Tok the small black clock sounds and the seconds pass by. I, by now, am bored stiff from watching an overload of "Law and Order" which plays continuously on the television at this time of night.
....There it is, It's red binding, and conveniently strikingly good looking man staring back at me. I laugh inside a bit, knowing that I have only been making fun of my friend Liz the last five months for reading books "like these" .... I mean, come on! The cover says it all "Nightly Pleasures" pfffff....yeah, I don't think so.
But this particular night I begin to consider opening it up. I've heard her talk about this series the last five months, and seeing how we have exactly the same taste in most of the books we read...which is a lot...I decide to open it up and read the first few pages.
.....two hours pass by and I see the red 12:41 glaring back at me! "What??!! Two hours have past by since I opened this book" I think to myself amazed. Two days later, and here I am all done with this book and on to the next in the series!

Now this type of book may not be everyone "cup of tea"...But it was sweet to my liking :)
It starts off with a girl named Amanda whose boyfriend breaks up with her. Her sisters are all kinda "strange" and are into this supernatural stuff...which she is soooo not into.
She goes to her sisters house one day and gets struck on the head with something....and lights out for her.
She wakes up handcuffed to a strikingly handsome, passed out man in front of her. His name is Kyrian ...(which you will learn later) he is a "dark Hunter" ....

I enjoyed this book so far and look forward to reading the rest of the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment